RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Postby ruturaaj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Hello,

I wish to have a feature "Drag Drop of JS, CSS file from File Explorer or Project File Tree onto Editor area to form a relevant SCRIPT or LINK tag automatically for me with relative file path inserted".

NetBeans PHP IDE has this feature. I am planning to switch from NetBeans to RapidPHP and found this feature missing in RapidPHP. This is quite helpful feature and speeds up the development work; also reduces the risk of typo in file path. I noticed there is "choose file" option available in RapidPHP for SRC of SCRIPT tag. Although, this serves the purpose, it could have been even better if it allowed me to select multiple files and then create relevant SCRIPT LINK references for the selected files. This will save time too.

For drag drop, I think we can have some sort of combination ... like drag the file onto Editor with CTRL or ALT key pressed.

Apart from this, RapidPHP is fantastic!

Cheers,

Ruturaaj.
ruturaaj

Re: RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Postby ruturaaj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm

UPDATE

I noticed the functionality that I'm looking for JS and CSS is actually implemented for IMG. You try dragging Image onto Editor area and the IMG tag code is built for you. This is exactly what I wish to have done for JS and CSS files as well.
ruturaaj

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests