About snippet window

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

About snippet window

Postby benny » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Hello,

The killer feature for me with WeBuilder is the snippet area that a user may keep building over the years. I have a lot of snippets there and really do not want to lose them as it took me ages to build them.

I think the snippet area could have more options:

1)A bigger snippet area so you can see the snippet as a whole rather than scroll for ages as many snippet my be fully working scripts of many lines.

2)Rearrange the snippet with the mouse by drag and drop would be much quick than pushing the up and down arrows in the snippet options.

3)A comment box added to the snippet windows that does not get pasted when double clicking on the snippet.

4)A better way to save the snippet with dropbox, sometime I have made the mistake to export my settings on computer one and clicked export on computer 2 before importing the new settings, causing me to lose all my snippets on that day. Having webuilder merging automatically detecting the latest save(by giving a warning to the user) would be superb. Also proposing a merging possibility would be great too (if needed).

5)A search bar, I have hundreds of snippets, searching without a search bar is super hard.....

I know you have a new version of Webuilder on the way, do you have any estimate on the release date? I emailed you months ago about it and just cannot wait for the new version to come out.

Please, it is superb important for us to be able to import all our snippets from webuilder2016 to the new webuilder otherwise.....imagine the work for some of us...

Thanks!
benny

Re: About snippet window

Postby pmk65 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 pm

You can easily make a backup of your snippet library.
The snippets are stored in a XML file located at: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings\library.xml

Note: The editor must be CLOSED if you want to restore a backup manually.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby benny » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:56 am

Thank you or the reply.

The problem is to be able to think "Did I exported my snippets to dropbox before switching off the pc?" and this is where the problem lies, webuilder needs some kind of auto save(settings and snippets) because if there isn't this and you jump between 2 PCs, you may overwrite the new settings by the old ones from the last machine that exported its settings. It happens to me every week unfortunately....You have to physically export everything each time which sometime you forget to do.
benny

Postby pmk65 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:08 pm

I think your backup problem can be solved with the help of a plugin.
Here's an example.
Exit Backup.zip
Makes a backup of selected files when exiting the editor
(905 Bytes) Downloaded 260 times

Install the above plugin. Then edit the file "copyfile.cmd" in the plugins folder and modify the "TOPATH" variable to point to the (dropbox) folder where you want the backups saved.
Also you can add/remove the files copied. (In the example code it just copies library.xml and memory.ini to the backup folder)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby benny » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I am not sure I understand about the plugin.
I downloaded it and it is in zip format. I could only upload it back to webuilder as zip in the plugin area. Now in the plugin area, I cannot see a window that let me edit the paths.
I can only edit the path of the .cmd if I extract the zip, change its path and rezip it, do I need to do this?

Is there any way to modify the plugin settings directly from webuilder?

Thank you.
benny

Postby pmk65 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:54 pm

All plugins are located in the folder: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\plugins\

So to edit the file, just use this path/name. (WeBuilder will translate %USERPROFILE% the the profile used on your system)

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\plugins\Exit Backup\copyfile.cmd
pmk65

Postby benny » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks, I will try that! :-)
benny

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests