RAPID - Add Publish to Tab Context Menu

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RAPID - Add Publish to Tab Context Menu

Postby Will Fastie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm

I would like to see the Save and Publish to FTP option added to the context menu for the tab in the editing space.

The reason is that the Save to FTP option brings up the FTP dialog while the Publish option brings up a confirmation dialog that can be turned off. Publish allows one-click publishing.

I created a toolbar for FTP that includes Save and Publish to FTP but it is less convenient than having it on the tab's menu.

I think in terms of publishing due to my long use of FrontPage/Expression Web and other tools. I understand Save to FTP intellectually (with one caveat) but it presented a stumbling block for me as I was learning Rapid. To me "Publish" means "take this file (or more than one) and put it someplace else after (optionally) saving the local copy." I say "someplace else" because I again think in terms of FP/EW's ability to publish to destinations other than FTP, including a different location in the local file system (i.e., backup). I always think of Save as being a completely local operation, which is why Save to FTP is an awkward concept for me.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: RAPID - Add Publish to Tab Context Menu

Postby pmk65 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:55 pm

The Tab Context menu is unfortunately one of the few ones you CAN'T customize. (I also have some menuitems which in my opinion should be placed there.)
Rather than placing fixed menuitems here, It should be customizable like the other menus/toolbars.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: RAPID - Add Publish to Tab Context Menu

Postby Will Fastie » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 pm

Point well taken, but adding an existing feature to an existing menu is very simple while creating a structure to make every menu everywhere customizable is a big undertaking.

Meantime, I assigned the same shortcut used by FP/EW and Dreamweaver - Ctrl + Shift + U. At least I can remember that and it's faster than going to the toolbar.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests