Workspaces in lieu of Multiple Instances

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Workspaces in lieu of Multiple Instances

Postby Will Fastie » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:02 am

I have mentioned the absence of multiple instances in Rapid PHP as a deficiency, including in my review. I have also mentioned that I understand how difficult it might be to modify Rapid to achieve multiple instances.

That got me wondering what it was I really needed and what might suffice instead.

If I am working on a project today and I exit Rapid, when I start Rapid again the files that were in the editor are restored. That's handy.

By contrast, if I switch projects without leaving Rapid, my editing state from the first project is not restored when I return to it.

What if Rapid could remember a "workspace" for every project? Then I could switch between projects A, B, and C with impunity, resuming each project exactly where I left off.

I don't think this is as convenient as multiple instances but because Rapid seems to open projects, well, rapidly, it would be a very good alternative to multiple instances.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: Workspaces in lieu of Multiple Instances

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am

This request keeps coming up and although we were not able to include it for 2018, we will return to it for the next year's version. There are many ways to go about it and we need to choose the right one.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests