Add option to disable color preview

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Add option to disable color preview

Postby ttx » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:56 am

Hi, i just bought an update and so far is looking good.

Still, there is one thing that bothers me.

In css/less files there are a lot of colors. So while writing code, very often the cursor is (randomly) left on one of these colors.

This:
- disables autocomplete popups
- draws unnecessary attention
- after the mouse cursor is moved, it takes a few seconds to hide. If in this time you switch to a different window (browser, ...) by clicking or Alt+Tab the color preview is visible on top, and it can be hidden only by focusing editor window again and moving cursor over the color.

Screenshot of this from Total Commander:

For this reasons I dont use this feature (but i am forced to). Option to disable it would be nice.

Or maybe you can make it more "live" - show it immediately on hover, hide it the moment the cursor leaves, maybe following the cursor movement will make it feel more responsive.

Or completely replace it with something like this :)

Thank you.
ttx

Re: Add option to disable color preview

Postby Aivars » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 pm

I'll write down your concerns and hopefully we can make it be better at hiding. For now just press Esc key when the hint pops up to get rid of it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Add option to disable color preview

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am

The next update will:
1) hide color hint as soon as you start typing or moving the caret
2) hide any hint when you leave the editor or switch away from the IDE
3) only display color hint if IDE is currently focused
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer