RAPID - Allow Seearch Creteria to be Saved

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RAPID - Allow Seearch Creteria to be Saved

Postby Will Fastie » Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 pm

99% of all searches I make are just plain text and I don't need the ability to save them. However, when a regular expression is used it would be very handy to save it so it could be retrieved for a future search.

The main reason is that getting regular expressons right can take some time, especially because a programmer using mutliple language is often faced with a variety of syntaxes. They are hard to remember. I find I have to re-learn the syntax for Rapid (and for Microsoft Expression Web) every time I use a regex.

I recommend saving the search queries in %appdata% with a file extension such as .srx (for Search RegeX) or .bsq (Blumentals Search Query). FrontPage and Expression Web use .fpq (FrontPage Query).

On a related subject, a matter I think was probably closed 10 years ago, I do not think Rapid needs a RegEx wizard. I use RegexBuddy. I'd rather see Blumentals' resources directed at IDE and editor improvements.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: RAPID - Allow Search Criteria to be Saved

Postby Will Fastie » Tue May 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Good heavens. I must have been tired when I wrote the title of this post. Sorry.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests