Autocreate css

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Autocreate css

Postby /dev/NULL » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:48 pm

I would like to have a feature that autocreates my css classes.

I'm trying out Rapid CSS, will probably buy that as it is worth the money, but i am missing one or two features one being the code collapsing (see other thread), the other one is the following:
I create a html document and start coding some html and suddenly i consider using a css class ;-)

so i write:
<div class="myclass">

now it would be nice to have a feature or automatism to rightclick on the tag and select 'create corresponding class in css'

so it would create a
div.myclass {
}
in the linked css file.

If I could select whether to do a "div.class {}" or just a ".class{}" would be awsome.

Ass i use to write the structure first using div containers i have to switch between css and html view to get all css classes i have used without doing typos and so on..

Hope you get my poiunt, maybe this is not possible or I am missing an already existing feature just point me to that..
/dev/NULL

Postby Karlis » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:43 pm

The questions that arise:
1) If you have multiple css files, which one to use?
2) If you have <style> section and attached css file, what to do?
3) If there is no css or style currently present, what then?

I'm sure this is solved neatly in the system you are currently using, so please share your experience.
Last edited by Karlis on Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby /dev/NULL » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:05 pm

1) ask / let choose a default
2) use style secition if exist
3) create css file or style section / ask ..

I only have one css file, so for me it's copy click/change window paste to put it there ..
/dev/NULL

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests