Integrate View|Interface with Color Preference

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Integrate View|Interface with Color Preference

Postby Will Fastie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:02 pm

There seem to be some natural conflicts between the choice of Interface Style from the View menu and color schemes in the Preferences dialog. I would like to see finer control over the entire workspace, not just the editor panel.

I thought I could choose Flat Dark and then customize a color scheme to my taste (I wanted a slightly lighter background for the editor panel). I'm having some trouble making that work properly. A pathological case is taking my default custom scheme (which has a white background) and using it with Flat Dark, which results in

I expected to end up with a white background in the editor panel, at which point I could have darkened it to my taste.

The problem here is that the user has no control over such things as the Code Explorer and File Explorer.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: Integrate View|Interface with Color Preference

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm

It seems to me that you have modified some backgrounds but not all of them. Since you're a power user, you might find it easier to open the color scheme file in text editor (e.g. WeBuilder) and replace all old background color values with the new values.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Integrate View|Interface with Color Preference

Postby Will Fastie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:06 pm

I don't think that's true but I'd have to dig in to check.

The color scheme I built was based on the default white color scheme that came in the box with Rapid. All I did was change foreground colors to match more closely what I see when I am using Expression Web.

Then I switched to the dark interface style I think that automtically chose the Default Dark color scheme. I then changed my scheme back to my customized one and that is what you see in the image above.

Ignoring the background issues, my scheme didn't work very well and I eventually chose Default Dark, made a few mods, and save my custom version. Then I posted a feature request for a few more dark color schemes.

My point, however, is that Interface Style and Color Scheme are not tightly integrated. I think what I'm saying is that I'd like to see all this controlled in Options, in one place.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests