RAPID - Add "New..." to File Explorer Context Menu

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RAPID - Add "New..." to File Explorer Context Menu

Postby Will Fastie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 pm

In the File Explorer, allow the "New..." option on folders. It is available on files.

When creating a new file with the "New..." option in the File Explorer, use the entered extension to determine the file type and apply a file template, if any.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: RAPID - Add "New..." to File Explorer Context Menu

Postby pmk65 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:01 am

+1
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I'll add it to suggestions list for evaluation. For now, there's a New Folder icon in the File Explorer toolbar, you can use that.

I'll also add the suggestion about templates.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Will Fastie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Aivars wrote:I'll add it to suggestions list for evaluation. For now, there's a New Folder icon in the File Explorer toolbar, you can use that.

Sorry, I wasn't clear and I was not quite accurate when I said "it's available on files."

What I'm suggesting is a "New..." option for both folders and files. Not a "New File" or "New Folder" but just "New..." It would look something like this (taken from Expression Web 4):

In EW4, this is only available on a folder's context menu. I have long wished that "New" was also on a file's context menu even though from a purist's point of view it doesn't belong there.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests