Add Additional Dark Color Schemes

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Add Additional Dark Color Schemes

Postby Will Fastie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 am

Add color schemes as close as possible for:
  • Monokai
  • Dark+ (this is a slightly modified version of Visual Studio Default Dark)
Both these schemes can be seen in Visual Studio Code.

I consider both these schemes better than 2018's Default Dark theme. I particularly do not like gray comments on an almost-black background because the contrast is too low.

I've made a partial start on Dark+, which can be found at http://fastie.com/z/blumentals/themes/Dark%20Plus%20(VS).xsc. It only has settings for PHP; I haven't gotten to HTML, CSS, or JS yet.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: Add Additional Dark Color Schemes

Postby pmk65 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 am

Have you tried the Base16 color schemes I converted a while back? http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7157
There's several dark schemes among those.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Will Fastie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Good grief. I should have known.

I've downloaded and I'll take a look when I get a chance. I see Monokai is in your extensive list.

I still think Rapid needs a few more dark themes in the default set.

I thought it interesting that Visual Studio Code's default list is relatively short - 4 light themes, 9 dark themes, and one high-contrast theme, a total of 14. Yet in those 9 default dark themes I found one I liked better than any of the 30 or so themes that come with Rapid. That was the reason I made this suggestion. It's also clear that dark themes are in vogue and VSC makes that clear by having twice as many dark themes.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Postby netmizer » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:39 pm

Hello all,

Yes, we do need more dark themes!

I just created a new dark theme called "Darkaholic" for PHP developers. You can download the color theme at the link below if you like. I am recommending Source Code Pro as the font to accompany it.

http://share.projectserver.io/blumentals/darkaholic.zip

Looking forward to seeing more color themes shared on here.

Thank you for viewing!

RapidPHP WeBuilder color dark themes darkaholic .xsc
netmizer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests