RAPID - Make Syntax Error Messages More Obvious

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RAPID - Make Syntax Error Messages More Obvious

Postby Will Fastie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 pm

In the dark visual interface style, it is very hard to see and read the syntax error message tooltip:

Suggestions:
  • Make the text of the error message larger. Much larger.
  • For dark themes, use a white background in the error message, and vice versa.
  • Alternatively, put a high-contrast border around the error message.

In addition, add the current error to the message in the bottom status bar so it reads something like this:

PHP error on line 61: Syntax error, unexpected '$dbw' (T_VARIABLE) on line 61

Full disclosure: My eyes are 70 years old. They can't compete with you young kids out there, but this idea is a good one for everybody.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests