RAPID - Improve Drag & Drop in File Explorer

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

RAPID - Improve Drag & Drop in File Explorer

Postby Will Fastie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Implement more of the standard drag & drop features in the File Explorer, such as dragging a file to move it or click-dragging a file to copy it.

Allow such operations on single or multiple files or folders.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Re: RAPID - Improve Drag & Drop in File Explorer

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Added to suggestions, thanks. I think there are technical reasons it's disabled to allow dragging file names inside the editor text but we'll look into the complexity of this for the next version.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: RAPID - Improve Drag & Drop in File Explorer

Postby Will Fastie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:08 pm

As you are no doubt sick of hearing, I use Microsoft Expression Web. It allows all the file operations I have suggested for Rapid while at the same time allowing drag and drop into the editor Window.

My opinion is that Rapid should offer every capability from EW. I hold that opinion because the EW file explorer, which it calls the "Folder List," includes every feature present in the Windows File Explorer - a complete set of drag and drop operations, the ability to select and operate on any selection of files and folders, etc. Most of these operations cannot be done from within the Blumentals IDE and I consider it a deficiency.
Will
WebDesignBuild.biz, Fastie.com
Will Fastie

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests