Provide documtation for the various settings files

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Provide documtation for the various settings files

Postby pmk65 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 am

I miss some documentation on how the various settings files works/is defined.
As I would like to update my CSS def file, so that it recognizes some of the missing CSS properties.

I can see that the CSS defs is defined in the file "\WeBuilder 2018\data\cssdefs\CSS Actual.ini", but I have no clue on what/where I need to apply my custom modifications.

Specially I would like to add "filter" and some of the SVG properties.

If such documentation was available, users could update and share their files with others. ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Provide documtation for the various settings files

Postby Aivars » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:03 pm

I'll add it to suggestions list, although that would probably require additional things like moving the file out of Program Files to make it writable.
For now, to add new properties:
1) add property name to [%properties] group
2) create a new [your-property-name] group, using a similar existing property as a template
3) don't forget to back up the file because it will be overwritten during updates
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests