Suggestion: Extend double clicking with qualifier key

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Suggestion: Extend double clicking with qualifier key

Postby pmk65 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:26 pm

When double clicking a text in WeBuilder, it will select the text between the dividers. But sometimes the number of dividers restricts the usability of double clicking.

Example:
Suppose i have the following text, then the characters " ", "\", "-" and "." acts as dividers.

Code: Select all
C:\Users\pmk\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\plugins\OpenLink\open-link.js

Then double clicking on "open-links" only selects one of the words, not the "full" word.

In cases like this, it would be nice if the double clicking feature was extended with qualifier key support.

Some ideas (Maybe it could be configurable?):

Holding down "Shift" key while double clicking, would exclude "-" from the divider list.
Holding down "Alt" key while double clicking, would exclude "." from the divider list.
Holding down "Shift+ Alt" key while double clicking, would exclude "-" and "." from the divider list.
Holding down "Ctrl" key while double clicking, would exclude all dividers except quotes, space and tab. (That would make it possible to select a full path/url)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Suggestion: Extend double clicking with qualifier key

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:56 pm

This sounds quite complicated for the regular user but I'll bring it up. Maybe making double-click pluginizable is the right way?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Suggestion: Extend double clicking with qualifier key

Postby pmk65 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Adding this feature wouldn't change the functionality for regular users, as without pressing a qualifier key it would just work as it does now.

I tried making a plugin to do it, but I couldn't find a way to merge the "double_click" and "keydown" signals.
The qualifier (2nd parameter in keydown signal) is only triggered when a key is pressed. So it's not possible to detect if the qualifier is not pressed. And nothing is selected in the "double_click" signal. Only when using "Script.TimeOut" I was able to get the selected text.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests