Improvement of spell checker

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Improvement of spell checker

Postby FrankC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:59 pm

I'd suggest to put the command 'Add Word to Dictionary' above the suggested alternative spellings ('Suggestions') in stead of below them. Sometimes the list of alternative spellings is so long, that you can tell your life story to your colleague while scrolling down that list. ;-) All the while that you're sure that the word is spelled correctly, but that the dictionary doesn't contain it yet.
FrankC

Re: Improvement of spell checker

Postby FrankC » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:19 am

I'd like a response from the dev team as to why this wasn't included in v. 2020. It would seem so easy to do. And especially since the spell checker functions for Dutch and German are so poor (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7254), this would save those people a lot of time. See https://prnt.sc/r4winc for an example of how long the list can be that one has to scroll through to get to 'Add Word to Dictionary'.
FrankC

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests