Add more framework support in Webuilder 2020

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Add more framework support in Webuilder 2020

Postby pmk65 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Currently none of the top JavaScript SPA frameworks (Angular, React & Vue) are supported/available in Webuilder 2020. And no highlighting support for JavaScript derivates like JSX and TypeScript.

This should be available in new version (and not added years later, like the Bootstrap framework support) if the editor should be up-to-date with the current JavaScript usage like other editors on the market. Otherwise Webuilder will fail to attract serious coders and just end up as a glorified Notepad clone.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Add more framework support in Webuilder 2020

Postby pety » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Very frustrating, indeed.
VSCode and Netbeans is the solution. I own Nusphere PphED which is better than RapidPHP (PHPUnit, PHP and MySQL Profiler, Code Coverage etc.).
Netbeans 11.2 already support php7.4 and it has PHPUnit, Git, Mercury, Composer, Vagrant, PHPStan etc., etc.
I gave up to wait for modernizing of Webuilder or RapidPHP.
pety

Postby pmk65 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:17 pm

This will probably be a deal-breaker for me too.
Although the new features such as split view is nice, they don't justify an update if I can't use it for modern coding.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby pety » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:05 am

Not even PHP 7.2 as default. Still 5.6 version. Very, very lazy developers.
pety

Postby Aivars » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Peter - I hear you but we simply didn't have time. All of these libraries are very different and thus each is a separate project. Could you give me your personal priority for these SPA frameworks?

We can swap to PHP7 easily, in fact you can download it as ready-made package from our site.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:05 pm

1) React + JSX
2) Angular + Typescript
3) Vue
pmk65

Postby pety » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:10 pm

Aivars wrote:... in fact you can download it as ready-made package from our site.

There is no link...
pety

Postby Aivars » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests