Vertical Bar for Active Documents

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Vertical Bar for Active Documents

Postby cybrsrfr » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:33 pm

When working on several open files with WeBuilder those files don't always fit horizontally. The navigation to find the documents horizontally is cumbersome. To me this is a my biggest complaint with WeBuilder. To a friend that I was trying to convert from TextPad to WeBuilder this was a complete show stopper.

I recommend leaving the horizontal view as an option but also adding a new feature that will allow open documents to be viewed in a scrollable verticle window.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.
cybrsrfr

Postby Karlis » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:49 pm

There is a Windows menu in case the documents do not fit in tabs.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby cybrsrfr » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:01 pm

Which window are you referring to? The 'File Explorer' window?

The file explorer windows does not show the active documents or the files that need to be saved. The horizontal bar does both of these nicely just would like a vertical view of it. I showed WeBuilder to a friend and his major complaint and reason why he turned it down was not having this feature or at least not being able to find it.

I also ought to mention that when selecting a block of text with while holding down the alt key. The selected block intermittently can be deleted by the delete key on the keyboard. The context menu delete doesn't seem to work at all.
cybrsrfr

Postby syrupcore » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:43 pm

The 'Windows' menu next to the Help menu. Standard windows component.

Out of curiosity, why do you have so many windows open so often? I push it off the sides on occasion as well but not very often.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby cybrsrfr » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks for the tip of the open documents on the Windows menu it isn't very convenient but I may find it usefull at some point. I think it could be a little more convenient if it could be undocked or could at least make a short cut key for it.

I like the convenience of having the files easily accessible in a vertical view. I'm used to programming in textpad and started using WeBuilder for the last menu because of other features. The true vertical window for displaying active files is simply nice to use especially if you are used to it. The other feature I really miss from text pad is the ability to split the same page of code so you can either look at the top of the code and at the same time look at the bottom of the code. As well as looking at a long line you can view the far left of the line and view the far right at the same time. I'm not trying to promote Textpad here but these are two features I miss a lot and a friend I tried to convert from Textpad to WeBuilder turned it down because of these two usefull features are not available. I'm using WeBuilder primarily because time saving features and the clip library is in a tree view which is better than Textpad.

I just simply wish the window that showed the active documents could be viewed either way vertical or horizontal. But it doesn't look like anyone is catching the vision why this is usefull. So I will try and get used to using the explorer window on the right.
cybrsrfr

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests