Saving to FTP

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Saving to FTP

Postby AMGuitars » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:05 am

The program I replaced with HTMLPad, Webedit (old and unsupported) had one feature that I feel would be good for your program.
That being the way uploads to the server were handled.

1. It created a "list" of all open files, which would be uploaded.
You could, at upload time, "remove" any files to not upload.
2. When clicking on the "link" it would begin upload of files in the list.
3. It would allow you to overwrite without being prompted.

I have not yet seen a way to upload more than one file at a time.
This, with the need to "select" the file on the server to overwrite, uses up
a lot of time.

I also think it would be great to be able to "copy" an FTP site, then edit it.
This way you can have a sperarate entry for multiple sub directories to upload to, without having to do each from scratch.

I have the BIG programs, like Adobe GoLive, Dreamweaver etc, that allow the above type of setup. I needed HTMLPAd for a faster starting program for quick changes. My old "quickie, WebEdit" was just too outdated for the newer Javascripts etc. But was a great program anyway.

This one is a nice job, but I feel it could use a coupel of things, like my request, without bloating the program too much.

Thanks Guys!
AM Guitars
AMGuitars

Postby Karlis » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:49 pm

Thank you for posting. I will see what can be done about this. FTP system definitely needs better features. Maybe someone has additional ideas / suggestions?
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:35 am

admin wrote:Thank you for posting. I will see what can be done about this. FTP system definitely needs better features. Maybe someone has additional ideas / suggestions?

Carrying on... even at the least, perhaps you could auto fill in the name of the currently selected file when saving to FTP.

Thanks

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests