MS Service Pack 2 - blocking Gif's ???!!!

Post your questions and problem reports here

MS Service Pack 2 - blocking Gif's ???!!!

Postby koldbrand » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:16 am

Hi

I mainly purchased Easy Gif Animator in order to use with my mail (Outlook Express ver.6).
But the people I mail to donā€™t get the Gifā€™s ā€“ all there is left is a red cross when they open the mail.

Is this something to do with the, ridicules, restrictive service pack 2 for Windows XP and the extreme security level here?
I noticed when I did a test and mailed from my own PC to my own PC, there was no problem - even though I installed Service pack 2 on my computer.

If this problem really is related to foolishness behind Microsoft and Service Pack 2 then please tell me if you already have taken steps to overcome this error through your own software development, or perhaps contacted Microsoft about the problem?

Kind regards
koldbrand

Postby Karlis » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:14 pm

It could be indeed because of SP2 security issues, ic could also be that other third-party firewall is blocking images or even better, probably your recipients are using Outlook 2003 which I believe can be set to block images, I'm not sure though.

1) First thing you could try is to turn off firewall or configure it so that e-mail client can access HTTP servers.

2) Than you could try exploring Outlook settings, probably there is some setting that causes this problem.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby koldbrand » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:25 am

I did it! :D

It is indeed because of Sevice Pack 2 and through this; screwed up settings in Outlook Expl.!!!

No more problems anymore after I went up under Functions-Settings-Send-Email settings for HTML- and checked the frame: "Include pictures with messages"

(maybe not totally correct translated from Danish to English Windows setup phrases..anyway, hope you got the idea in order to pass this on to everybody!)
koldbrand

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support