Grainy pics when converted to animation

Post your questions and problem reports here

Grainy pics when converted to animation

Postby BIGDOG3c » Mon May 21, 2007 2:38 am

I used the free version to try and everything worked great. I liked it so well I purchased it. Now running version 4.11. Now I made some adjustments and all the pictures come out grainy. See my sig for the animation and here is what one of the pics looks like in its original state.

Any ideas?
Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other "I'll man the guns, you drive."
BIGDOG3c

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue May 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Basically, a JPG can have 16.7 million colours, but a GIF can only have 256. Therefore, colours have to be either the nearest possible within a pallette of 256, or a 'diffusion' - where you get extra pixels to lighten / darken an area. You can notice this in the sky of some of your beach shots. Rather than a 'nearest colour' which would be a solid blue, you get some lighter / darker pixels to give the impression of shading.

It would be great if you could move the pic from your sig into this thread only. Ideally, images in signatures should be less than a hundred KB or so in size - yours is 840KB. Some people are still on dialup, and to wait 4mins just to view your sig is unfortunately, not acceptable. If everyone had a large image in their sig, a thread could take ages to load. Nice pics though!
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby BIGDOG3c » Tue May 22, 2007 11:06 pm

I only added it to my sig so you can understand what I am talking about.

I understand about the diffusion. Whats confusing is that I tested using the free version and the pics were fine. When I purchased the software and made a change to it. Thats when the grainy pics started.

I am thinking the released full version is doing something different and either I need to turn something on or off or there is an issue with the release that I bought.
BIGDOG3c

Postby BIGDOG3c » Wed May 23, 2007 3:53 am

UPDATE:

I uninstalled version 4.11 and reinstalled the free version. This ended up being version 3.0.

I made a duplicate GIF with the same pictures and the quality is what it should be.

The issue seems to be in the 4.11 version.
BIGDOG3c

Postby Karlis » Wed May 23, 2007 11:46 pm

Please contact us and refer to this topic

http://www.blumentals.net/support/support.php
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support