Can't view animated gif on other pc's

Post your questions and problem reports here

Can't view animated gif on other pc's

Postby maplesugar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:18 am

I am using Gif Animator ver 4.12. I created an animated gif which I set as my background and it works fine. However when I send it to someone, they can see the animated gif in Outlook Express, but cannot get the gif to play the animation once saved, it shows only one frame. I even tried sending it zipped,but that didn't work either. Internet explorer settings are set to play animations. How can I get the recipient to save the animation so that they can view it? :roll:
Thank you....Maplesugar
maplesugar

Postby chrisjlocke » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:44 am

What is your recipient doing with the file? How computer savvy are they? If they double click the .gif it might be opening in another graphic package. Have you checked they are opening the file in Internet Explorer (or Firefox, Opera, etc)

There should be no reason why its not working.

It *might* be how they're saving it in Outlook Express. If they right click the .gif and click 'Save' does it save it as a .gif or as 'unnamed.bmp' - I know Microsoft Outlook (Outlook Express' big brother) does that sometimes.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby maplesugar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Basically I am the recipient. I have an older Hp Compac running Windows Xp and another Toshiba Laptop, running Windows Vista. In either case can not I get the gif to work on these two computers. That is why I mentioned that I even tried attaching the gif as an attachment,and sending it as a zipped file, RAR, but I still cannot get it to animate .It always shows just one frame. In the preview pane on Outlook Express, the animation plays(Windows XP), but saving the attachement, seems to lose it's animation .It only shows one frame. I'm just wondering if I'm missing some other application , like Java to make it work. :roll:

Thanks...Maplesugar
maplesugar

Postby chrisjlocke » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm

No, it sounds more like OE and the method used to save the attachment.
OK, lets try something else. Can you email me the .GIF? Or create another one to test it.

Alternatively, what happens if you try and email one of the animated GIFs from this site, eg, "http://forums.blumentals.net/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif"
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:50 pm

It could also be that the viewing program on the traget PC does not support animated GIF. Try opening your GIF in say Internet Explorer by dragging the gif file over the IE icon.

Easy GIF Animator can not be the problem, because it produces standard GIF files.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Can't view animated gif on other pc's

Postby gladysila » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:24 am

How to embed a flash animation into blogger? I have a flash animation swf file and I have uploaded online this for the file url - ye I'm having difficulty embedding this file into a blog. Any ideas on what code will work to do this?

Re: Can't view animated gif on other pc's

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 pm

You should use the generated flash embedding code that is produced by the wizard that produces SWF file.

Or use tips from this article:
http://animation.about.com/od/flashanim ... ebpage.htm
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support