Version 4 - Loss of Functionality with Frame Removal?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Version 4 - Loss of Functionality with Frame Removal?

Postby spyang » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi, I used the free trial, which was apparently version 3.5, and I was able to make my first frame a background image and have every subsequent frame restore the previous frame. This resulted in a really compact animated gif. I upgraded to version 4 professional and the "frame removal method" no longer exists. Is there a way to simulate what I used to do in the new version? If not, why was the feature removed?
spyang

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm

The feature was removed to comply with all other GIF animators. 70% of ordinary customers, no-experts did not understand this feature and did not use it, because people most often perceive each frame as a capture of the whole screen. This created many problems both for support and developers.

You must note, however, that thanks to high optimization it is still possible to create small GIF images. this version is more popular and more suitable to larger number of graphic artists and home users, so the present solution is best for more people than the previous one was.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Can I get version 3.5?

Postby spyang » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:15 am

Hi, thanks for the informative response. Given that I just paid for the latest professional version, would you be able to provide me with an installer for the professional version 3.5? I promise not to ask for technical support regarding frame removal or optimization functionality. I really liked that version and was disappointed that the frame removal feature was removed in the new version. Honestly, I also liked seeing the optimization options in the previous version even though the new version automatically optimizes. If I could suggest an update to 4.x, you should have a mode called "advanced mode" that enables the frame removal features. Speaking as a software developer, I can only imagine that a developer or two at your own company was disappointed to see the feature removed.

Furthermore, if you could provide me with version 3.5, I'll be able to open an animated gif I created using the free trial 3.5 version that the new version fails to recognize. The gif I created, by the way, works in all web browsers, so it was disappointing that I am no longer able to edit that gif with version 4.
spyang

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Of course, please send us a message to support[at]blumentals.net or to http://www.blumentals.net/support/support.php and include a reference to this topic.

Thank you!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support