how do I get transparant background?

Post your questions and problem reports here

how do I get transparant background?

Postby fiona » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:37 am

I am trying the easy gif animator and I am not finding a tranparent background option, I see it referred to on this site ... but ...where is it?
fiona

Postby Karlis » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:13 pm

1. Select the frame you wish to have transparent beckground
2. On the Frame check Transparency checkbox
3. Select the color you wish to become transparent
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

I can't get the transparent background to work either!

Postby Sparkling » Wed May 04, 2005 8:14 pm

I have adjustd all the setting mentioned here. And I am getting many of the same problems (including the one mentioned where the fellow said that he was getting all the images superimposed on top of one another - although when I load the image into my web page it doesn't seem to do that, it only does that in the display window within the program). My main issue here though is that while I have used images that all DO HAVE transparent backgrounds, when I load them into the Easy Gif Animator, it creates a white background behind them again. I do not want ANY color (white or otherwise) on my images. I want the webpage background to show through behind the images. How do I get it to NOT choose a background color? When I checkmark the little box that says "transparency" it forces me to select a background color. This completely defeats the purpose of choosing a transparent background, does it not? How do I eliminate the background color all together so that it shows up transparent like it is supposed to be?

Thanks for your help.
-Sparkling
http://www.angelfire.com/or3/tinyzoo/blog/
Sparkling

*hangs head in shame*

Postby Sparkling » Wed May 04, 2005 8:17 pm

:oops:

Sorry for all the typeos in my message. I was typing fast and didn't take time to proof-read before I clicked on SUBMIT. Please overlook my multiple mistakes, and translate as best as possible :D I am anxious for a helpful response. Blessings to you all.

Thanks!
-Sparkling
http://www.angelfire.com/or3/tinyzoo/blog/
Sparkling

Postby Karlis » Thu May 05, 2005 11:53 pm

* Select your frames
* Check the transparency checkbox and select the transparent color (in your case select white, because you want white to become transparent)
* Save your image
* White will become transparent when you view your image in web browser
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

I have the same problem but this solution does not help...

Postby gspurr » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 pm

I have this problem when importing images with a transparent background, except it adds in a black background what ever colour the background is set to in the edit window or frame properties.

Problem is I can't simply make black a transprent colour to take it out again as I have black within the image that I don't want to be transparent.

How do I get it to import the frame with a transparent background or with a colour I can select that does not appear elsewhere in the image and I can then take back out with the trasparency selector?

Thanks

Gemma
gspurr

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:43 pm

This is easy. Use the Color Replacer tool, set

Replace = color to be replaced with transparency
With = Transparent

then select a big brush and paint over areas you want to make transparent. This will restore transparency.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: how do I get transparant background?

Postby markgundy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 am

Wow... that's just a work around for a fundamental flaw in the program. No way should the program alter the background. Instead I have to spend hours manually ediitng 30 some individual frames? Seems easier to just use a different program... no offense intended but that's a ridiculous answer.

Mag
www.magchat.com
markgundy

Postby markgundy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:40 am

I ended up using PS Elements and then bringing the finished file into EGA to do final editing steps... works fine when all the layers/images are already IN a GIF... so as a post editing tool it still works great.... but with a few small changes I could chuck PS completely! Took me forever with PS.

Mag
www.magchat.com
markgundy

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm

There *is* a more advanced way to set transparency to many images at once. The one mentioned above was the easiest to understand not the fastest way.

You can select all frames, on the Frame Properties tab click Set Transparency and with a color picker pick the color to be replaced with transparency.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I believe desktop wallpapers can not have transparent background.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support