How to Add a Name to a "Blinkie"

Post your questions and problem reports here

How to Add a Name to a "Blinkie"

Postby DragonFemme » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:56 am

Okay, so I've opened up the gif file in EGA and copied the first frame to Paint Shop Pro 9.

I want to words to the blinkie frame, so as I've read on the Net, I should add a raster layer and place my text where I want it. Then I should copy that layer and paste it on to the first frame in EGA, then the second, etc.

My problem is that when I copy the layer and paste it on the first frame in EGA, it puts the text right in the middle of the frame and not where it was where I originally put it. I tried copying that layer and pasting as a new image and copying to the frame, but then it's all white with the text on it.

I'm stymied!!! :? I'm using Easy Gif Animator 4, the evaluation version and PSP 9.

There's got to a way to put text in exactly the same place on each frame. I understand there is no button to place such text on every frame at the same time while not using the Pro version.

Using the edit tool for adding text in EGA is not as good as using the one in PSP.

Even if I placed the text where I wanted it on the first frame by using PSP, how would I get it exactly in the same placement in the second frame???

I like EGA, it's simple enough to use and am considering purchasing the full version if i can get it to do what I need it to do.

Where am I going wrong??? :? Any help, suggestions or tips would be ever so greatly appreciated!
DragonFemme

Re: How to Add a Name to a "Blinkie"

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:04 pm

First, when you paste processed image to the EGA, you can drag the pasted image to any location with your mouse.

It is not required to create animation in EGA at all, if you prefer PSP, you can create every frame in the PSP and then only paste separate ready frames to EGA to put them together in an animation. So you can do all the graphics in the PSP and use EGA only to put them together in an animation.

If you need only minor adjustments done at PSP, you can copy the part from the animation that needs processing, process it in PSP, then copy from the PSP and paste into EGA, use your *mouse* to drag the pasted image to any position. In the Pro version of EGA you can also use [Copy Selection to All Frames], if you are using personal, you will have to copy it to each frame separately and adjust the position with your mouse, you can zoom in to get more precision.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: How to Add a Name to a "Blinkie"

Postby DragonFemme » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Thank you ever so for your reply. I did finally figure out how to insert a name or image into a blinkie by using PSP by making each frame a different layer and the name or image a separate layer, then merging each frame only with the name or image and "xing" out the others, then saving the newly merged image. I continue this wih each frame.

Thank you again, I appreciate your time and help!
DragonFemme

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support