Can't get black transparent BG off?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Can't get black transparent BG off?

Postby DragonFemme » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:39 am

Okay, what that means, and I did see that somebody else here was having the same problem, is that when I open an animation in EGA, I can see the colored background to be used for the transparency, but when I copy the image and paste it into Paint Shop Pro, the background is black. Like the other person said, I can't use black as the transparent color in PSP because there is black within the image.

Now somebody said to use Replace=transparent color and With= as the transparency. He said to use a big brush to erase the background. But...the image in the Edit Screen has a transparent background so you can't see the color to erase. Now what? How do I turn the transparency off?

I have these blinkie signature tags that I want to add names to but I can't copy the off to PSP because the outline is black and taking the black away remove the black outline.

Help! Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Diane
DragonFemme

Re: Can't get black transparent BG off?

Postby chrisjlocke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:06 pm

When you paste into PSP, what is the foreground/background colors, as far as PSP is concerned? Try setting (for example) yellow foreground colour and pink background color in PSP before pasting into PSP.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:12 pm

Transparency is not kept when you paste the image to another editor.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby DragonFemme » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:24 am

LOL, I guess that sums it all up right there, eh? ^_^

However, I found if I clicked on a frame and then clicked on Frame at the top, then export and saved each frame to PSP, the frame will then be save with the original background color that was meant to be transparent.

In this way, I can open the individual frames that I saved and then highlight the background and change it to white. I copy each frame and save them as new layers on the first one. Wa-la!

I probably could keep the original background color and make it transparent as well, I just prefer white backgrounds.

Hope this helps somebody else!

Thanks, for giving me the info though and for the previous poster for trying, that didn't work, but I tried it anyway.

Diane
DragonFemme

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Yes, you can do it this way.

You can also temporarily replace transparency with some unusual color and then replace the color back to transparent when in Easy GIF Animator.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby DragonFemme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Ahhh, yes, that's true, too. Cool, thanks!

Diane
DragonFemme

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support