different color palette for every gif?

Post your questions and problem reports here

different color palette for every gif?

Postby u117783 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Hello altogether

I want to create different animated .gif's . Our source pictures always have over 256 colors. If I import the pictures into the gif animator, all will be fine and it looks in the preview "great".

But If i choose file ==> save as, the gif animator produces a new animation, the new animation has always any pixelerrors, because the system interpolate the pixels out of the range of the definied colors palette. (256)

It doesn't matter also If I create gif's in the Photoshop and import them into the gif animator. They still will be grainy. :roll:

Is there a possibility to give to every picture an optimiezed color palette with? Are there other solutions for my problem?

Thank you for an answer.

Greets u117783
u117783

Re: different color palette for every gif?

Postby Karlis » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Did to put a checkmark in the checkbox "Do not merge palettes" (Animation Properties tab)? This should tell the software to maintain separate palettes.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby u117783 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello

I have the normal "Easy gif animator". This mentioned point does not exist. Have I to upgrade to professional version?

Thanks in advanced ..

Greets
u117783
u117783

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 am

It is there unless you are using some older version or the free version which we used to give away with other full products.

Basically, when you have EGA open with a file loaded, there are two tabs at the bottom Animation Properties and Frame Properties. These tabs are in all versions and have always been there. So there is no way you would not see them.

Now on the Animation Properties tab at the bottom, right corner there is a checkbox Do not merge pallettes just below the Animation Comment buton.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby u117783 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Hello Karlis

Thank you very much for your tip. I downloaded the new version and this checkbox: Do not merge pallettes appear.

Thank you ... :lol:

Regards
u117783
u117783

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support