Adding a flash animation to WordPress

Post your questions and problem reports here

Adding a flash animation to WordPress

Postby MaxD » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:51 pm

I've created a few Flash animations and added them to a Wordpress site I have. In the past I've just uploaded and inserted them and everything has been fine. Today though inserting one into WP 2.7 has been a bit longer (it just inserts the url) and I've had to find the <object> code to make it work.
  • Anyone had any experience lately of adding flash objects into wordpress, is there a problem'
  • Is there a way to wrap the text around the object. A search suggested just adding align="left" to the end of the url, but this doesn't seem to work. In the past I've made do, but it would look neater with a wrap.
  • Also, can anyone suggest a means of limiting the number of times the Flash animation plays. Currently Gif animator only offers a choice if its a Gif animation. Maybe one for a future update?
Amateur web design now dabbling with php and jquery
MaxD

Re: Adding a flash animation to WordPress

Postby MaxD » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:39 pm

The text wrap around the Flash only seems to work in Firefox, and not IE7........
MaxD

Postby Karlis » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 am

I'm afraid I can not help, because I know very little about putting Flash inside HTML :( Probably somebody with experience on this can help here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MaxD » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks. I got it working OK, as I've added them before to WordPress. I just edited a previous upload and copied the code over, changing the file address. I was just wondering why it had stopped uploading correctly.
MaxD

Postby MaxD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I slight update to Wordpress plus using Firefox finds the admin function to upload Flash animations again :)
MaxD

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support