Very large flash files?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Very large flash files?

Postby Spinny » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:24 am

I have 30 frames, 500x375, each is a jpeg if 16kb. When I create a looping flash animation of these frames using Xara Xtreme 4, the file size is around 350k, which is acceptable. The problem with Xtreme is the frames have to be loaded individually and that is tedious with longer animations. I purchased your software in order to be able to import longer animation sequences automatically, but when I tested it today on those same 30 frames the flash file it created was over 4mb in size!

I then tested the animated gif file size. JASC Animation Shop (now owned by Corel) created an animated gif of 307kb, while your software's version is 340kb.

Why does your software create such large file sizes? Especially with the huge flash sizes, I will not be able to use your software unless this is a problem you can correct.
Spinny

Re: Very large flash files?

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:03 pm

As for the GIF animation, 340 is pretty close to 307 and this might differ from image to image as we use diferent algorithms (also you may change dithhering method in options and get other results), also the quality may differ, so you can not expact that all software programs will produce GIFs with the same size.

As for Flash, indeed simple algorithm is used to compile frames as Easy GIF Animator was not designed to produce Flash specifically. So the Export to Flash feature is for compatibility purposes only, since Easy GIF Animator is not a vector graphics software it can not build Flash based on objects, so the Flash is built as a slideshow of frames. You may achieve smaller Flash size by removing any Fade or Slide transition effects if you have these.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Spinny » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Karlis,

Thank you for the response. That is unfortunate, and I wish I had know that before I purchased the pro version. I purchased it specifically to import 3D animated renders and produce a web-friendly SWF output animation file. I already have software that does that, and that makes very small and tight SWF files (so I know much smaller files are possible), but I have to import each frame manually and I need an automated solution. I have no transitions nor special effects, simply pure frame import.

I'm afraid I will not be able to use your software. Is a refund possible?
Spinny

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Spinny, or course, there is a guarantee, please contact us:
http://www.blumentals.net/support/sales.php
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Spinny » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Thank you, very much appreciated. A request is on the way.
Spinny

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support