adding animation to still image

Post your questions and problem reports here

adding animation to still image

Postby cdlb » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:34 am

Hello
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to add a already made animation to a still image (picture)
I know on top of the menu under frame I insert, but once I insert the two images the animation and the picture
what do I do after that ? I have all of the frames listed on the left. However I can't figure how to add the animation to
the picture. I want to be able to have the animation moving on the picture when I am done. Can I do this ?
Thanks
cdlb
cdlb

Re: adding animation to still image

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm

You can put a still picture (or text) on top of animation but not the other way. If you need to put animation on top of still picture you would have to go through each frame and prepare it manually.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby cdlb » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 pm

ok thank you. The reason I asked is because I have a older animation program and I am able to do it with that.
All I have to do is bring up the jpeg image and the animation image. Lets says the animation image has 4 frames, then all I
have to do is duplicate the the jpeg image to the same amount of frames. Then I select all and copy all of the animations frames,then
I select all of the jpeg frames then paste my animation into it.
I thought maybe your animation program would be able to do this also.
I know you say it can be done by editing each frame but it seems it would be to much to do.
The picture below is a example of what I wanted to do with your program.

cdlb

Postby Karlis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:03 am

Actually you CAN paste animated frames on top of still image but you will have to do this for every frame. So you open your animation, add a frame with still image at the end, duplicate it the necessary amount of times and one by one select animation frames and paste on top of still image.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support