Ghost images in animation

Post your questions and problem reports here

Ghost images in animation

Postby Rick Callebs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 pm

After using the GIF Animator for several months, I have noticed a "ghosting", for lack of a better term, in all my animations. There is some kind of an outline in a previous animation still present on the background, and it is only partially covered by the new image. Everything worked fine until a couple of weeks ago, and then all my animations created by this software started having similar problems. Any idea what this is or how I can fix it?

Rick
Rick Callebs

Re: Ghost images in animation

Postby Karlis » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:04 am

You should start by providing us a web link to your animation. It can not be that something bad suddenly started specifically to you and not others, thus I believe, most likely this is something specific to the way you create animations or specific to your particular work.

One thing that you can do now, is to go through every frame of the animation and see whether you haven't accidentally applied transparency where it does not belong, because mistakes with using transparency is what usually causes this type of issues.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Rick Callebs » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 am

http://www.thetelegramnews.com

Top banner. The animation part is the list of newspaper awards on the lower right screen area.
Also, check out the animated ad in Column #4 where "Nobody ... looks at Internet ads, right?"
Most of the rest of my animations have been temporarily redone as non-animated until I can figure this out.

For what it's worth, I am using .png files created by Macromedia Fireworks to feed in to the GIF Animation maker.

Rick
Rick Callebs

Postby Rick Callebs » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm

To add to the mystery, it appears this problem is only showing up on a Windows Vista computer with an IE8 upgrade. It's fine on Mac and on Windows XP with IE7. Hmmmm ......

:?
Rick Callebs

Postby Karlis » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:32 pm

I checked the top banner (the big one http://www.thetelegramnews.com/masthead/telebanner7.gif). Works well on Vista + IE8 and also in other web browsers such as FireFox. About the smaller banner "Nobody...", I opened the GIF file and I am not sure how did you get it there, but there was a whole "ghost" frame (one that came after the monitor-with-hands image). I deleted it, saved the GIF and it seems to be gone.

Are you using the latest version (which is 4.9)?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Rick Callebs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:49 pm

I am using 4.81
Rick Callebs

Postby Rick Callebs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Just updated to 4.9. I'll try a few animations. Do you need to pay again to get the update? The software said I have 20 free uses until I am charged.
Rick Callebs

Postby Karlis » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 am

Rick Callebs wrote:Do you need to pay again to get the update?

No, you don't.

However, if you are an owner of a purchased license, you must not install trial version downloaded from our website, but download and install the full version according to our FAQ: http://www.blumentals.net/support/faq.php?qid=updates
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support