GIFanimator 5 hangs and then loses pixels in image

Post your questions and problem reports here

GIFanimator 5 hangs and then loses pixels in image

Postby friedemann » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 pm

I am using XP pro. Of course I did not read the tutorial....I just jumped right in and started using. I got the main picture in, but when I want to animate it myself by say putting Xmas light colors on it like twinkling stars(doing it coloring pixel by pixel) in certain spots(like on points of a building) over the course of say 30 frames) the computer was initially alright with that and took the information in accordingly and saved each frame as I "x'" out.
Processing the information a little bit slower when I got to be 30 odd frames of editing.

Then I added the "sparkle" effect. It started to get unhappy with me. Especially when I went back to my X'mas lights to make some modifications to them(color changes and size for better effect) It finally crashed. And on restart I see I have the basic "christmas lights" that I added, but not the touch ups or sizing that I did them.

I was also noticing that parts of the background which I was doing the work on was getting white pixels. Maybe in the range of 200 or so.

Now would this be a capacity probel with my PC(1.04Ghz Windows XP pro SP1 PII) I cannot get SP2-that is not an option.

I work with what I got.
friedemann

Re: GIFanimator 5 hangs and then loses pixels in image

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm

It seems that your latest touchups were not saved, thus after the crash they were lost. It is recommended to hit Save once in a while to protect against rare events when a software crash occurs.

I also wonder what is the size of your images. The only way to easily crash Easy GIF Animator is to load it with uncommonly large amount of data.

More info here:
http://kb.blumentals.net/kb/index.php?V ... EntryID=93
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support