Gif Playback

Post your questions and problem reports here

Gif Playback

Postby Young Senior » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 am

I am a new user. Created an animated GIF and it works finein preview but when I save it opens only as a picture. I want to copy the GIF to a Powerpoint presentation.. so what am I doing wrong?
Young Senior

Re: Gif Playback

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:56 pm

I know that some PowerPoint versions do not support animated GIF because Microsoft decided so. So maybe your animation is ok but the problem is in PowerPoint version.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby drsurf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I have almost the same problem--the only difference is that I'm not using PowerPoint. Created animated GIF, worked fine in preview screen, Saved As (only option was .gif). When I open the saved document, all I get is a stationary .gif image, no animation. Tried the "preview on the net" option and it didn't do anything at all. Again, I'm not using PowerPoint (I didn't notice anything in the Animated GIF documentation to indicate that this was necessary).
Questions: Does this program only work in Power Point? Must the file be saved into a PowerPoint document? If not, how should the file be saved and opened to show the animation? I view animations frequently, and I've never had to use PowerPoint to do so.
drsurf

Postby drsurf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

I found some answers to the questions about viewing animated GIFs on Win7.
Win7 does not support animated GIF. Some genius at Microsoft decided that Win7 users shouldn't be given that option. Another brilliant decision by Microsoft, making life more difficult for the rest of us.
Luckily, there are intelligent and generous individuals out there who have come up with solutions. Here is a freeware download that works wonderfully with animated gif creator.
I regret that I neglected to save the name of the person who shared the following online:
gifview.exe
"Set this as the default program to view gif images. It is written in GDI+, so you can expect the same level of functionality as the one in win XP. gifview wonā€™t run directly. Just keep it sumwhere in ur PC, Right Click on any .gif file, click Properties> Change...(towards right side of Open With), click on Browse...,now browse for gifview.exe that u have saved previously, click on OPEN and then OK. Now onwards, all ur .gif files wil open with gifview directly."
I just downloaded and tried this, and it works great. You can create a folder of animated gifs and gifview.exe will act like a media player, with Play, Pause, Next, and Previous options.
drsurf

Postby Gatis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:56 am

Does this program only work in Power Point? Must the file be saved into a PowerPoint document? If not, how should the file be saved and opened to show the animation? I view animations frequently, and I've never had to use PowerPoint to do so.
The animation created using Easy GIF Animator will work also outside Power Point. The created GIF animation is fully standards compliant.
If you have problems previewing your animation, you can try to open the animation using a internet browser on your computer (no matter which one - either Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support