Ghost left on clipboard

Post your questions and problem reports here

Ghost left on clipboard

Postby Checker » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Check it out. I open up one instance of GIF Animator and add about 30 frames with a duplicate image in each frame. In another instance of GIF Animator I open a smaller 30 frame animation. My intent was to copy the smaller animation frames one at a time onto the larger frames so that the animation would play using the larger frames as a background.

What kept happening was when I would copy the next (smaller) image and past it into the next (larger) image the previous cut and paste image was left in the clipboard and both small images would paste together. By the fifth image I was pasting five images with one click onto the larger images! In other words ... the clip board does not wipe clean but just keeps transposing the next image onto the previous one.

It took forever to complete my animation (which turned out perfect) because the only way I could flush the clip board was to exit the program and reload it for each frame. What a drag that was. Hope you guys can get that fixed.
Checker

Re: Ghost left on clipboard

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Hm. I can not seem to be able to reproduce the problem. Here is what I do - make large and small animations both in separate instances of the application. One by one with the mouse select all contents of each frame (selection tool on the drawing area) on the small animation, click Ctrl+C then switch to large animation, click Ctrl+V and choose paste on current image.

p.s. I apologize for the delayed response. I was away on a vacation for a while.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support