Rotating Image vs Roatating Frame...

Post your questions and problem reports here

Rotating Image vs Roatating Frame...

Postby stever » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:13 am

I have added an image to a frame which already contains text. I would like to rotate the image but not the whole frame. I have tried but all the settings only work on the whole frame and not just the image. Is it possible to rotate just the image?
stever

Re: Rotating Image vs Roatating Frame...

Postby MikeyB » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:12 pm

I would guess that once you've add your "image" to the "frame" it becomes part of the "frame".

I don't know about Easy GIF Animator but usually when you edit a GIF it is just a flat "frame" as you call it.

I would rotate the image before adding it to the "frame"

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Rotating Image vs Roatating Frame...

Postby stever » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think I have my head around it now.

I've created a separate GIF which rotates the image and then I place that GIF into the original GIF with text animations. It works but it inserts the image GIF frames so the animated text and animated images are not shown at the same time. That is not a bug... just the way it works. Also, when you add new animated text it always inserts new frames and there doesn't seem to be a way to have it use existing frames which would give you the ability to have both animated images and animated text at the same time. So, I'm assuming there isn't a way to do this but it would be great if you could do the following in Easy GIF Animator:

- Option to add animated text to existing frames where you set the frames you want it applied to and that dictates the animation length etc.
- Option to add animated images (GIFs) where you can apply it to existing frames (as opposed to inserting new frames) and a setting to repeat this operation 'n' times or until the end of the GIF. Also a setting where to place the image in the frame (assuming it is smaller than the target frame).

That would make it really easy to include animated images and text in the same frame(s). In fact, you could repeat this process and have multiple animated images and multiple animated text all going at once. Just a thought...

Steve
stever

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support