Rotating Image over Static image issue

Post your questions and problem reports here

Rotating Image over Static image issue

Postby kurt225 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi all,

I'm evaluating the product before considering purchase.

I have a more or less round picture that I have applied the following animation: Rotate Effect, 360 Deg., Image Center.

When I do a preview, the image rotates but another copy of the image stays in the background. So I have a rotating picture which is overlaying another one that remains static. How can I get rid of the static one ?

Secondly, even with the settings 'Repeat Forever', the picture rotates 360 deg., stops for a short delay and then rotates again. I just want to have it rotate continuously....

Many thanks for your inputs,
kurt225

Re: Rotating Image over Static image issue

Postby Aivars » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 pm

If you want to achieve continuous rotation without background, do following:

1) Add the image you want to rotate
2) add a transparent frame (add frame, select all via menu Selection -> Select All and press delete key)
3) Select the frame with image, go to Image Effects and create the rotate effect just as you did
4) Delete the transparent frame, you don't need it anymore
5) Click on the clock icon of the 1st frame and set the same time as for other frames. This will remove the short delay.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby kurt225 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi,

many thanks. The static image has disappeared. Secondly I have set all the frames to 0.04 Sec to remove the short delay and it's working perfectly now, But I am desperately trying to put a background now (since I realized that I won't be able to export the gif with transparent background). The selected background color appears only on the first frame. Selecting any other frame and applying the color background will change or apply on only the first frame...
kurt225

Postby Aivars » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:57 pm

If you want to have a single color background, you could create the rotate effect just like you did but use colored frame instead of transparent one.

The background color is the color visible through transparency so I guess only the 1st frame is transparent in your animation. If you want to replace transparency with solid color, use the fill or color replacer tool.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy GIF Animator Support