Paste To Selected Frames

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy GIF Animator

Paste To Selected Frames

Postby hotwire » Mon May 12, 2008 3:05 am

Hi. Users can save lots of time when editing if it was possible to paste copied data to selected frames. The added feature that allows copy to all frames is GREAT, but creates a problem if the user paste to frames that may have content in an area not wanted.

Also It would be very cool, and kind of related to the above statement, if paste would paste in the exact location it was copied from when pasting in other frames..
Thanks for reading.. I would really like to see these fetaures implemented.. Thanks
hotwire

Paste To Frames Temp Workaround

Postby hotwire » Mon May 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi. I requested a feature to be hopefully added to the Pro version that will allow users to paste data to selected frames in addition to the paste to all frames based on obvious reasons such as pasting over certain frames that you may not want the data to be pasted to in regards to editing previous frames etc.

A temporary workaround I experimented with will only work properly if you are pasting to consecutive frames only. Pasting to various frames will not work, (This is what we are requesting.)

1. select the consecutive frames you DO NOT want the data pasted to, and cut them, DO NOT DELETE THEM. (Must Be Consecutive Frames Cut.)
2. create the data you intend to paste to the remaining frames, and copy to all frames.
3. On the menu bar, select paste and paste the frames you previously cut.

As stated above, this will only work for frames in consecutive order, but gives a temp workaround for some editing situations until hopefully future updates will implement selected frames to be pasted to.

hope this helps on some editing situations.
hotwire

Re: Paste To Selected Frames

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue May 13, 2008 8:49 am

As your last post was in reference to your feature request, I've moved your post from the Support forum to here, and merged the topics. :)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Re: Paste To Selected Frames

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:57 pm

The suggestion makes sense, thank you. This will definitely be considered for the next version, even of we won't implement your suggestions, we will add something to address the core problem.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy GIF Animator Feature Requests