Loading multiple images at a time

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy GIF Animator

Loading multiple images at a time

Postby JohnT » Fri May 13, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi,

Just downloaded your program yesterday... it works great, but it doesnā€™t quite do enough for me... all I really need is the following feature:

I would like to have EasyGIF be able to load an entire sequence of frames from individual BMP files all located in the same folder. The BMP files would have numerically sequenced names like:

Frame001.bmp
Frame002.bmp
Frame003.bmp and on up to whatever.... (e.g. Frame147.bmp)

A user (like me) would just have to point to the first BMP file and EasyGIF would start loading from there as long as files were found, so you would have to do a little filename manipulation to go from ā€œFrame001.bmpā€¯ to ā€œFrame002.bmpā€¯, etc.

Additionally, I would need to be able to specify that each frame would be transparent and have the same transparency color. Also want to give each frame the same time delay. This could be a different feature in EasyGIF... the ability to assign all frames a certain transparency state, color, and delay time... so you donā€™t have to visit each frame to specify this info. It would take a while if there are 200 frames.

Hope you like this idea and can implement it asap... Iā€™d certainly be willing to fund this enhancement to your program, if you feel it is worthwhile.

Thanks,
John
JohnT

Postby Karlis » Wed May 18, 2005 6:57 pm

This feature is available of course.

You must select first frame or file and then hold down Shift key while selecting last frame or filename.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby BryanS » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:25 pm

admin wrote:This feature is available of course.

You must select first frame or file and then hold down Shift key while selecting last frame or filename.

This may not work quite as expected - on my system the file last clicked on became frame #1, then the others in the correct order. (Presumably due to the way windows selects files)

I found this works better:
Click on first file
Ctrl-A to select all

The fact that this works is the main reason I purchased this program! But having a nice button to do it would be nice :)
BryanS

Return to Easy GIF Animator Feature Requests