define a range of colors for setting transparency

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Easy GIF Animator

define a range of colors for setting transparency

Postby johnvanhulst » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Hi,

It is very difficult now to set the transparency of an animated gif having a background with many different shades of more or less the same color. This is always the case when I import an animated gif which has been created from a movie with some movie to gif converter, where the background seems to be uniform, but in reality can have many shades of more or less the same color due to the color reduction process to 256 colors. I have to pick the transparency tool many times before FINALLY a transparent background has been realized, which is very tedious, to say the least...

In many photo editing products a color replace edit exists which has a 'tolerance' option to select a range of nearby colors (see for instance this photoshop plugin here: http://www.vicanek.de/plugins/colorreplacer.htm ). It would be great if Easy Gif Animator had such an option when defining transparency! This would save me hours of work...

Regards, John van Hulst
johnvanhulst

Re: define a range of colors for setting transparency

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:53 am

That plugin has a lot of sliders which might confuse an average user but I agree, something with tolerance is needed. I'll bring this up.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy GIF Animator Feature Requests