Update: 2025 Beta (AI introduction, free for everybody)

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2025 Beta (AI introduction, free for everybody)

Postby erikmaaloe » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:04 pm

Beta 4 (version 18.0.0.261) has an annoying high CPU and power usage, like the one I have previously reported for WeBuilder 2022 version 17.0.0.248. When reverting to version 17.0.0.247 the CPU and power usage was back to normal. I hope you can fix this issue for WeBuilder 2025.
erikmaaloe

Postby Aivars » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:08 pm

I can't reproduce that problem. Here is how it looks for me:

webuildercpu.png
webuildercpu.png (35.17 KiB) Viewed 866 times

I've reviewed the previous changes in the codebase between 247 and 248 and I don't see anything that could affect CPU, so this is a mystery. Could you try disabling all plugins, close File Explorer and other panes in WeBuilder and restart WeBuilder and see if anything changes?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby chikega » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:17 am

Thank you for the continued development of WeBuilder. It really is one of my favorite and I've used many. I purchased some additional AI credits and so far I'm having fun with AI prompts and reading the 'MEAP' book "Building a Website with ChatGPT". Nice integration of ChatGPT within WeBuilder compared to some (e.g. BBEdit..). My first AI-assisted site is 'Random Pun Generator'. It certainly is a new age in content creation. :)
chikega

Postby Karlis » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:20 pm

chikega wrote:Thank you for the continued development of WeBuilder. It really is one of my favorite and I've used many. I purchased some additional AI credits and so far I'm having fun with AI prompts and reading the 'MEAP' book "Building a Website with ChatGPT". Nice integration of ChatGPT within WeBuilder compared to some (e.g. BBEdit..). My first AI-assisted site is 'Random Pun Generator'. It certainly is a new age in content creation. :)

Thank you for your support! It is really customers like you and others that keeps this project going. Your support is very much appreciated in the times where continued development becomes more and more challenging due to dropping demand in Windows app marketplace and competition from large corporations that charge monthly/annual fees instead of perpetual licensing model. For now we are holding strong (if not income from the sales, then at least our enthusiasm :) ).

I do remember how I started all this in 1999 as a hobby during school break and ~25 years later a hobby it is becoming once again :lol: But we do have plenty of life left in us as long as there is ongoing support from our customers.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements