Thanks and apologies from the author

New release and update announcements

Thanks and apologies from the author

Postby Karlis » Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 pm

I felt like I have to write this.

First of all, I would like to say thank you to all of our customers. Special thanks goes to those who take time to write us comments and help with making our products better. You are my best people, serving you gives a meaning to my business and this largely contributes to the meaning of my whole life. I shall try to continue serving and supporting you as much as I can.

Second, I would like to apologize to those customers who are waiting for a particular change or feature to be implemented in our products for months or even years. For example FTPS support or a better FTP system for that matter or support for a new language. I would like to assure you that I have not forgotten about you, it is just that so far the lack of time has not permitted us to do this.

Third, I would like to apologize for big delays between updates and releases. It took us 5 months to release version 2007, however we wanted to include as many fixes and suggestions as possible, to make this release more valuable.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

huh!?

Postby marcandrelevesque » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself.

How late was Microsoft in releasing Vista?? ;) With a truck load of bugs as a bonus might I add.

I hardly ever had any issue with Webuilder, yes a few glitches here and there, some features like SFTP would be really nice but in the end Webuilder is a well polished and great product.

5 months for 2007 is not that long, I'd rather see you guys take little more time to fix more things and polish the code than to see you rush buggy or half baked code out the door...the world does not need another smaller scale Microsoft ;)

Keep up the good work!
marcandrelevesque

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Thank you! Your comment is very appreciated.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MikeyB » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 am

Karlis,

Firstly can I say thank you to you and your team for such a great editor, I only stumbled upon WeBuilder after a long search for an editor and glad I found it.
For the price I don't think there is a better editor than WeBuilder (not that I've found)

Sure, like every other piece of software around it has it's little glitches and things people would like to see added or enhanced, and from my experience you do a much better job of listening to your customers and replying to their requests and bug fixes.
I still get the occasional Access violation error but not every day like I used to, but what software doesn't crash? We've just upgraded to Outlook 2007 here and a couple of times a week it completely hangs and takes the whole PC down with it and I have to re-boot.

As marcandrelevesque said, 5 months is not that long for a new version, and I bet you have a much smaller team working on the software than others.

:D :D :D :D
Cheers
Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Return to Announcements