Version 2005 planned for April

New release and update announcements

RapidPHP 2005 wishlist

Postby StickGrinder » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:42 pm

I'm using RapidPHP 2004 since march (I bought it after a two-hours try) and I saw it lacks some feature, some important, some less...

- first of all, REAL XHTML+CSS+PHP code completion should be very aprreciated. As now I couldn't call code completion pressing (say) ctrl-space in xhtml or css editing.

- html special chars automatical substitution while typing, as I already wrote here

- possibility to collapse code blocks, as tags, php functions etc.

- php code beautifier

- double-panel file manager for local and remote folder, with ftp support.
    a "one-click" publishing system, similar to Macromedia products. One button press and the file I'm working on is posted on remote site.

- project management, with "chrooting" of file manager panel inside the working local folder

- internal http server OR possibility to specify a remote testing server for the preview panel

- one-click creation of CSS file as I already explained here.

- ctrl+click on a file name in code (as the ones inside link href attributes, for example) opens that file in editor

- multi-line text replacement, even in "Replace in files..."

- all HTMLPad toolbars and menu options even in RapidPHP. I code XHTML the 99% of my working time and I bought RapidPHP just to have a more complete software, but I discovered a few holes in menu structure regarding HTML editing issues... maybe I'm wrong! O_o'

Well, here is my suggestions so far. Obviously I don't expect to see all of them realized in 2005 version but maybe someone. ^_^
I'm sure most of them are already been kept in consideration. =)

Hughs and THANK YOU, Karlis!

Bye bye
- StickGrinder -
"Learn everything you can
and when you play, forget it."
(Charley Parker)

http://www.silenteyes.it
- Pure Heavy Metal -
StickGrinder

<? ?>

Postby Borstenson » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:47 pm

Rapid PHP:

If clicking on the menu button "PHP tag", the tag pair "<? ?>" is inserted. I prefer "<?php ?>", but I can't find a way to customize this. I'd be pleased to find it in the next version.
ON ERROR GOTO BED
Borstenson

Postby Karlis » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:42 pm

1) Thank you!

2) Please post next feature suggestions to appropriate forum, as version initial release is already on its way.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements