Update: 2014 Beta3 (free for everybody)

New release and update announcements

Update: 2014 Beta3 (free for everybody)

Postby Karlis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 am

Today we are silently releasing WeBuilder 2014 Beta. Beta will be only available for the WeBuilder; Rapid CSS, HTMLPad or Rapid PHP will come as later betas or production releases only.

WeBuilder 2014 Beta is free for everybody, it expires in February, 2013. Get it from http://www.webuilderapp.com It will be the new WeBuilder website so it also includes more info and screenshots.

What's new + Roadmap?
Read - http://www.webuilderapp.com/whatsnew.php

Installing WeBuilder 2014 beta
Version 2014 can co-exist with WeBuilder 2011 and it is installed in a separate folder by default. Most settings are shared between versions and you can use both versions. Version 2014, should not alter your old version 2011 settings. Do note, however, that if you run version 2011 after version 2014, it may clear or reset some of the new settings or features of version 2014, so we recommend you to check the new software and if you like it, stick to it. Be careful with uninstalling any version (new or old) of WeBuilder. Make sure you choose to keep your settings when prompted by installer.

How can I contribute when using Beta version?

* It is important that you report any bugs via our new support website (http://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php) mentioning that you are using Beta version.

* Beta most likely will contain bugs and every bug you find is a success if you report it to us.

* Please contact support ONLY regarding bugs, errors and obvious misbehaviour. (Do not send us e-mails with content like "I do not like the splash-screen" or "why did you not add the features I requested?")

* If you have some comments or thoughts that are not bug reports, please DO share them, but only in this forum or over the Twitter.

* We have very limited resources and support staff is overloaded already. We will appreciate if you give precise and detailed step-by-step problem reports to maximize the efficiency of the communication.

Thank you!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2014 Beta1 (free for everybody)

Postby chechnyan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 am

congratulations .
and thanks for this awesome piece of software i just download and install it . and examined it for 2 hours .
very fast and light weight and very nice new features,
didn't experiment any bug yet seems already solid
i am sold.
again congratulations. and keep the good work guys
chechnyan

Postby xtom » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Looking good, I can definately notice the speed and responsiveness in this new version. Feels slick and no crashes or problems yet.
xtom

Postby Emulman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 am

Great work! the editor is superb, besides the new features ..it's only a beta1 but no problem, his speed is incredible, no crash! is already ready...i hope the final versione can be out in a brief! only a request for now: what about a 64 bit version????
Emulman

Postby zbahadir » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 am

Has been excellent.
I love it.

My favorite IDE.

I congratulate you for the work.
zbahadir

Postby Abisem » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 am

Installed yesterday: even better than the previous version, wich was already excellent.
I'm working normally and encountered no bug right now, faster FTP connection and save, looks fresh, modern and useful.

The best IDE I've ever used.
Abisem

Postby kfury77 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

Awesome. Just used it for the best several hours. It's fast, looks nice.

I'm pleased that as well as having lots of new features, even though the app is a complete rewrite - all my favourite features from the previous version are still available.

Looking forward to more app updates and buying an upgrade license.
kfury77

Re: Update: 2014 Beta2 (free for everybody)

Postby Karlis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Beta2
fixes FTP problem,
adds mousewheel-up/down change support for color values in color picker,
adds Update IMG Size improvement that allows to use absolute image paths with projects,
other minor fixes of low importance.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby garethjmsaunders » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm really enjoying the speed increase compared with WeBuilder 2011 -- good work.

I've spotted a few things in the what's new that I really like the look of but I'm not entirely sure how to activate them. Could anyone please shed some light, or are these features coming in a later release?

1. ZEN-coding-style auto replace
I've been using Sublime Text 2 recently while waiting for WeBuilder 2014 and really enjoying its Emmet plugin (formerly zen-coding). In that version I hit tab to process the expand the zen-code. How do I get it working in WeBuilder 2014, please?

2. Switchable color schemes
I can't seem to find these. I thought it would be under View, or Options > Text Editor > Colors. (I'm hoping that my favourite colour scheme Monokai -- http://studiostyl.es/schemes/monokai -- will be an option.)

3. Inline ToDo
The screenshot suggests that these appear in the Messages window, but I can't see how to make them appear, when working with either HTML, CSS or JavaScript files. What do I need to do?

Thanks. It's looking great so far.

Gareth
garethjmsaunders

Postby Karlis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am

1. ZEN-coding-style auto replace

Now this is not ZEN coding in its regular shape, it is more a feature that emulates it partially (there will be real ZEN coding too, but it will come as a plugin later). The auto replace works like this: You just type the short replacement string e.g. "mt:" (just like with ZEN-coding) and then press SPACE or ENTER. In the above example you would get "margin-top: |;" where | is cursor position. I should also mention that this supports only abbreviations (string a is replaced to string b without analyzing). The replacements can be changed from Preferences.

2. Switchable color schemes

Options > Text Editor > Colors > Advanced Tools > Load Colors From File ... (few schemes are shipped, but please feel free to create your own, save and send us the resulting file, we shall consider including it in the release).

3. Inline ToDo

1) Make sure you activate the correct project. Each project (project = predefined group of files residing under single root folder) has its own todo obviously.
2) Click Project -> Project ToDo, the messages panel will popup automatically. This should take no more than ~1-3 sec for average projects.
3) Markers FIXME:, TODO: and CHANGED: are supported (: is mandatory and there should be no space before it)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Klipper » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am

Wow new features looks really promising!
But before I install this beta2 for testing I've install question:

Will this beta be installed over my stable WeBuilder 2011version I use for production? Or will it install parallel of WeBuilder 2011?
Klipper

Postby garethjmsaunders » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks Karlis, that was a great help.

I'm now in the process of creating a colour scheme for Monokai/Monokai Bright, my favourite colour scheme for Sublime Text 2 and Eclipse. I'll submit it when I'm done.

The Inline ToDo feature, now that I know how to get it to work, is really great -- I've been wanting that for ages, since seeing something like it in Aptana (although this implementation seems to be much simpler, which is a good thing).

Thanks again.
garethjmsaunders

Postby Karlis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

garethjmsaunders wrote:I'm now in the process of creating a colour scheme for Monokai/Monokai Bright, my favourite colour scheme for Sublime Text 2 and Eclipse. I'll submit it when I'm done.

Super awesome. Thank you, thank you.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Spidey Sense » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 am

The highlighting and other colors when using a darker color scheme still need some improvement.
Spidey Sense

Postby xtom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 pm

I just downloaded beta2 and went to try out this new project todo feature. It's really great and I'll definately be using it but it caused the first and only crashes that I have experienced with 2014 so far.
xtom

Next

Return to Announcements