Update: 2014 Beta5

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2014 Beta5

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 pm

1. Will be fixed in next beta
2. I agree, but I don't think Karlis will change it, because it's quite possible that current tab order is more consistent with UI guidelines
3. Which history list? Do you mean drop down?
4. Please provide us with some details how to reproduce this.
5. Please provide us with some details how to reproduce this. We have never had this happen and we want to fix it if this really happens.
6. I've never used replace dialog like this but I just tried and it stayed open while switching tabs. Please provide some more details.
7. We are considering something like this but probably for one of the the next big versions.
8. What exactly do you mean by that? Please provide some more details.
9. It's by design. Turn off "Remove trailing spaces and tabs" if you do not like this behavior and editor won't touch your files on its own.
10. File explorer is refreshed automatically when your files or folders change. Alternatively click on any file/folder and press F5.
11. This is already implemented and seems to work. We need more details about how you use the color dialog if it doesn't work for you.
12. I'll add this to suggestions.
13. I'll add this to suggestions. It's possible that logic of some project functionality requires a single root folder but we would need to check, otherwise there are no problems.
14. I have never had it happen. Please provide us with more details - some kind of sample file that we can reproduce it in, your tabbing settings etc.
15. http://kaitnieks.com/files/sort%20selected%20lines.zip - plugin for sorting selected lines. Plugins -> Manage plugins -> Install. Might break in full release as plugin API is subject to change but even then it will be easy to fix.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 pm

1. Edit > Change Character Case > Capitalize - doesn't work. It puts it all in UPPERCASE
Will be fixed in next beta (is already fixed in dev version). We only recently had this reported.
2. If you type ' ' it correctly is coloured green, but if you type '&' it leaves it normal text colour (black)
I can't reproduce it. Please send us a sample file.
3. Sometimes I can't drag and drop CSS, HTM files into WeBuilder to open them. This is usually a very convenient way of quickly opening up files and its a bit frustrating when it doesn't work. (for reference: I'm using Windows 8 64-bit)
It happens most often when you run WeBuilder as Administrator but file explorer as normal user or vice versa.
4. This one is very minor, but it'd be good if the CSS compressor converted colours to shortcode - e.g. #777777 to #777 (otherwise the CSS compressor is great!)
I'll add it to suggestions.
Aivars

Postby OMEN » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Snippets titles are non-readable in Russian (snippets were created in prev. version): http://yadi.sk/d/OOepjJWs1vUXI
OMEN

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Yup, this is a known issue - if you create or edit snippets with WeBuilder 2014 and then open WeBuilder 2011 then snippet titles and contents will be ruined like this. Sorry about that.
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Note that beta6 is out: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5940
Aivars

Previous

Return to Announcements