Update: 2018 Beta 6 (free for everybody)

New release and update announcements

Re: Update: 2018 Beta 3 (free for everybody)

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Beta 3 has been released. Download link is in the 1st post edited to link to the latest Beta: viewtopic.php?p=25719#p25719

Fixes:
Plugin menu/toolbar crashes if icon assigned to plugin's action
Triple click line selection was broken
Dark theme could not load saved window position and maximized state
Switching themes while panels were detached caused crash
Classic style did not allow redocking detached panels.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Color Contrasts between icons/background in some of the new layouts is really poor. I suggest your UI designers takes a look at something like Colour Contrast Analyser when designing color schemes for the layout.

Also you might take a look at Pictos (Commercial product, but not expensive) as an alternative to the Fatcow icons.
They are offered in a variety of formats and variations.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 pm

We're not using FatCow icons for the toolbars anymore. The new icons are made in a way to have them work in both dark and light theme.
If there are icons that you find particularly difficult to see, PM me a list and let me know if it's with light or dark scheme and I'll forward it to those responsible for UI. The challenge is to have the same icon work on all the backgrounds, although we could (and probably should) just throw away some of the classic styles...
Aivars

Postby anderson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:52 am

There is a new UI glitch in the beta 3 version: when changing the theme it is not applied consistently in the interface (see images)

https://ingenia.me/uploads/2018/03/21/w ... ssues2.png
https://ingenia.me/uploads/2018/03/21/w ... ssues3.png
anderson

Postby Andrey Bogan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:16 am

I noticed the same bug in beta 3. When I open the program, visual themes are mixed (my theme is Flat Gray) https://yadi.sk/i/k1HI6nZ-3TbfPF
Last edited by Andrey Bogan on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrey Bogan

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am

Noted. For now as a workaround, just click the theme that you want to use twice. This has been an optimization that has gone wrong and will be fixed.
Aivars

Postby Andrey Bogan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:52 am

I don't know, it's a bug or an idea., but the file Explorer (Projects tab) shows hidden files and folders. For example, if you use Git, its hidden directory is always in front of your eyes. Is it possible to remove hidden files at all or add a hide or show button.
https://yadi.sk/i/t5IB6QB-3Tbk86
Andrey Bogan

Postby kfury77 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Beta 3 seems pretty good so far... pleased to see that Bootstrap 3 and 4 has been added as that was a suggestion I had made :-) .. though I can't get it to work.

I load Bootstrap 4 CSS from CDN. If I type `div class="` and tab-space and start typing I expected to see Bootstrap CSS classes there.
kfury77

Postby pmk65 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Suggestion for additional VCL objects:

TPopupMenu - With this, it will be possible to create Context menus for plugins. This will help reducing the number of controls you have to put on a form, as you can "hide" all the non-essential features in the context menu.

TImageList - With this, it will be possible to set icons for various controls such as TTreeView, TListView, (TPopupMenu) etc. (Currently this is not possible AFIK.) making the plugin layouts more consistent with the normal layout.

Aivars wrote:We're not using FatCow icons for the toolbars anymore. The new icons are made in a way to have them work in both dark and light theme.

Is it still 16x16 bitmap icons? Do we have to use a different size/format of icons in plugins in order for it to look correct on high-dpi screens?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Andrey: It's an old thing and we have it in the suggestions list, so I'll +1 that suggestion for now.

kfury77: try typing class= (without the quote, autocomplete will trigger automatically) or class="|" (with two quotes and cursor between them and hit ctrl+space to trigger auto-complete). Also if you type <body[space] and select class from autocomplete, it will fill in class="" and open autocomplete with class values automatically. I realize that it should work with class=" (with just one quote), too, and at some point it will.

pmk65: Regarding icons - it depends on text zoom. If 100% zoom is used then it's still 16x16, if 150% zoom is used then it's 24x24 and for 200% zoom it's 32x32. The function will accept all of these sizes, and add to the appropriate image list (there are 3 different lists internally) but the user will only see the one matching his DPI. Theoretically you should be able to call the method 3 times assign icons of all 3 sizes and that should cover all the cases.
Regarding TPopupMenu and TImageList - I'll add these suggestions to the list.
Aivars

Postby pmk65 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Aivars wrote:pmk65: Regarding icons - it depends on text zoom. If 100% zoom is used then it's still 16x16, if 150% zoom is used then it's 24x24 and for 200% zoom it's 32x32. The function will accept all of these sizes, and add to the appropriate image list (there are 3 different lists internally) but the user will only see the one matching his DPI. Theoretically you should be able to call the method 3 times assign icons of all 3 sizes and that should cover all the cases.

It doesn't work for VCL components, such as BitBtn. If I do something like:

Code: Select all
    BitBtn1.Glyph.LoadFromFile(Script.Path + "/image16.bmp");
    BitBtn1.Glyph.LoadFromFile(Script.Path + "/image24.bmp");
    BitBtn1.Glyph.LoadFromFile(Script.Path + "/image32.bmp");

Then only the last one is uses (which makes sense)

So I really think there's a need for TImageList :D
pmk65

Postby FrontendHead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:48 pm

I love the Dark/Black UI, THANK U :)
FrontendHead

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:52 pm

No, the standard bitbtns don't use image lists. What I talked about works only for Actions.SetIcon(...). For everything else you need to do something like if(Script.DpiScale < 1.25) { ...load 16x16 ... } else if (Script.DpiScale < 2) { ... load 24x24 ... } else { ... load 32x32 ...} - or any other sizes of your own free choice.
Aivars

Postby kfury77 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

@Aivars - thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion but the Bootstrap 3 or 4 classes won't appear. I've tried restarting the app and I've tried disabling and re-enabling the frameworks.
The only classes that show up in autocomplete are the local CSS class names. Is this working for anyone else?
kfury77

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Ca you open %appdata%\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings\library_data in Windows Explorer and see if you have libraries.ini or libraries.sqlite there? If you do, remove or rename those files and try starting WeBuilder then.
Aivars

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements