Update: 2022 Beta (free for everybody)

New release and update announcements

Update: 2022 Beta (free for everybody)

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Today we have released WeBuilder 2022 Beta. Beta will be only available for the WeBuilder; Rapid CSS, HTMLPad or Rapid PHP will come as later betas or production releases only. The final release date and upgrade availability will depend on the amount of problems detected in beta.

What is Beta? Should I install it?
Beta is an experimental test version of an unfinished future release of the software. It may contain more bugs and issues than regular releases, at the same time it contains features from the future releases. While we use our own Betas in production environment and think that our Betas are pretty stable, we can only recommend Beta versions for adventurous advanced users rather than routine production use.

Download
Download from here:
https://download.blumentals.net/webuild2022beta.exe

What's new?
Here is a list of changes and new features:
https://www.webuilderapp.com/whatsnew2022.php

Installing WeBuilder 2022 beta
* Version 2020 can co-exist with WeBuilder 2020 and 2018 and it is installed in a separate folder by default.
* Almost all settings are shared between versions and you can use both versions.
* Be careful with uninstalling any version (new or old) of WeBuilder. Make sure you choose to keep your settings when prompted by installer.

How can I contribute when using Beta version?
* It is important that you report any bugs via our support website (https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php) mentioning that you are using Beta version (preferably state full version info from About box, e.g. 17.0.0.236)
* Beta most likely will contain bugs and every bug you find is a success if you report it to us. We are using Beta for web development tasks in-house already.
* Please contact support ONLY regarding bugs, errors and obvious misbehaviour. (Do not send us e-mails like "I do not like the splash-screen" or "why did you not add all the features I requested?")
* If you have some comments or thoughts that are not bug reports, please DO share them, but only in this forum.
* We have very limited resources and support staff is overloaded already. We will appreciate if you give precise and detailed step-by-step problem reports to maximize the efficiency of the communication.

When the official stable release is planned?
In January 2022.

Thank you and enjoy, you are the best!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Update: 2022 Beta (free for everybody)

Postby ssvuia » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:50 am

Hi!
Thank you!
ToolBar not translated by selected language (Russian selected)
Many menu not translated
How disable right preview full code?
ssvuia

Postby chikega » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:19 am

Wow, thank you!
chikega

Postby xtom » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Yay some nice new features, will check out the beta.
xtom

Postby xtom » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:24 am

One minor thing I notice today with PHP highlighting:

if you have a property called class it highlights it like it is class on it's own, eg. $obj->class vs $obj->myclass

Originally I had an array myarray['class' ] to store a css class name and converting it to an object I noticed it.

actually it does this for various eg. $obj->function $obj->new $obj->exit etc.

Maybe it is bad to use these as property names but just thought I would mention anyway.
xtom

Return to Announcements