Windows Live Messenger and MSN

Post your questions and problem reports here

Windows Live Messenger and MSN

Postby Kaibua » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:05 pm

I have Internet Explorer password protected, but if my kids are on Windows Live Messenger they click on a link in MSN and the password protection box comes up. If they click on cancel or the x the box goes away and the Internet Explorer comes up?

I'd like to let them IM with out surfing the web. Is that possible?
Kaibua

Postby Karlis » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:52 pm

What "password protection box" do you mean? MSNs? iNet Protector's?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Kaibua » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:48 pm

The program protector password box pops up. You emailed me and I password protected ieuser.exe and that solved the problem. However, I noticed that if Firefox does a major automatic update, you have to delete the old program out of program protector and put the new one in or else people can access the internet.
Kaibua

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Yes, this is true, because after a major update it is technically a new program, however I do see a space for improvement here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Kaibua » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

I am having the same problem again. It worked for a while, but it again allows access to internet explorer through windows live messenger, by clicking on the search button. I checked and internet explorer is password protected in program protector, but it still allow it to be accessed without a password. When I try to re-protect it I get an error message that says it has to be a windows file to be protected. I am using Vista. Any ideas?
Kaibua

Return to Program Protector Support