Moving outlook .pst files that were protected

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moving outlook .pst files that were protected

Postby leigh0813 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I have purchased the Program Protector and it has worked just fine until now. I have used this program specifically for Outlook. I have recently upgraded to a new desktop and have move the Outlook .pst files to my new computer. I have Program Protector on the new computer. But now the passwords I used on the .pst file I moved, does't work on the new computer and will not let me open the old .pst file where my emails and contacts are. I found the instructions to change on the new files, but this doens't work on the old. I can't get into my Personal folders. Help this is a HUGE problem. Thank you
leigh0813

Re: Moving outlook .pst files that were protected

Postby Gatis » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:15 pm

This surely can not be related to Program Protector as it only protects the programs itself, so if you had Outlook protected, it had nothing to do with your pst files or internal Outlook processes. Program Protector *only* protects program files (e.g. outlook.exe). What is more, it does not alter / change any files in any way.

Of course, you can uninstall Program Protector and see for yourself, but knowing the architecture, it is a sure bet that this problem is Outlook related and I think any local PC expert with Outlook experience should be able to help you.
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Moving outlook .pst files that were protected

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Out of interest, how large (file size) is the .pst file?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Return to Program Protector Support