Program Protector start-up & CPU usage problem

Post your questions and problem reports here

Program Protector start-up & CPU usage problem

Postby the$#!Za. » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi all. I have Program Protector v 3.1 running on Win XP Pro and when I protect my Outlook Express email, which is the only thing I've tried and got this program for, all is fine until I restart then the CPU is constantly getting used at 50% and looked like the process csrss.exe was the culprit but not sure. When I remove the password protection, CPU stays the same until I reset. Is this a bug or have I missed something ??

Thanks,
Ash.
the$#!Za.

Re: Program Protector start-up & CPU usage problem

Postby Karlis » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:19 am

Program Protector protects programs with a password which means nobody (including other programs) can launch them without the password. Glitches can occur if some other programs need to launch the protected programs in abckground unfortunately there is nothing Program Protector can do about this.

As far as I know, many of our customers protect Outlook.exe with a password and we have not received any report on this.

You can try the protection with other programs to see if the CPU problem persists. If it does not happen with other software, it could be that outlook.exe is to blame.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby the$#!Za. » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for your reply and info Karlis. I tried another program to test as you suggested and restarted the PC but the same thing still happened and since you said no one else was reporting this problem, that confirmed it was on my side. It was my ZoneAlarm Pro firewall :( It already asked me if I wanted to allow Protect.exe to run which I did and told it to remember, but had to manually set my ProtectorService.exe to be allowed access. All is good now, and what a very nice, neat little program.

Thanks!
Ash.
the$#!Za.

Postby chrisjlocke » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for reporting back how you solved it. Hopefully it will benefit other people who come across this issue.
:)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Yes, thank you for taking time to report back. Much appreciated.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Program Protector Support