Flickr/Picasa hooks

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

Flickr/Picasa hooks

Postby snogards » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:16 am

Request for the ability to integrate with Flickr/Picasa. Creator can specify (optionally lock) an RSS Photo feed/credentials from these services. Optionally, User can change this address or be locked down by the screensaver Creator. Also, the User can set the frequency of updates, max drive space, etc.

NOTE: I have looked for >week at screensaver makers- few have this feature and the ones that do are terrible at the 'rest' of the features (like #transitions, options, etc.). It's almost 2009 and I cannot believe I cannot find (robust) screensaver software that supports online photo service APIs! ach! ex. Google Photos Screensaver totally rocks at this, but only has 4 transitions!

Another reason- the downloaded executable would be very small, as it doesn't have the images/video/flash embedded in it, it gets these from online.

Anyhoo, this would definitely set you apart...

PS. Yes, you can do this with Flash I know, but then you lock-out all of the User options.

C
snogards

Re: Flickr/Picasa hooks

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:55 pm

We are working on this. There will be a special auto-update feature that will use XML format that will let the screensaver download images from whatever locations and remove older images. This will not be an Flickr/Picasa format, but you will be able to pull any images from any website.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby snogards » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Any ETA? Something general like Q1 2009. Reason is, I'm doing some planning for a project and eyeing you and a competitor...

Thanks!

C
snogards

Postby Karlis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:12 am

Beta should come out in a few days.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin