Email Address Collection

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

Email Address Collection

Postby cosmicfantasia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:20 am

Hi,

I think the Screensaver Factory is an excellent product. I think a very important addition is to add in the installation wizard the ability to collect an email address. This should simply send an email to the another email address predefined by the screensaver maker, that includes the email address (and perhaps the name) of the user who is isntalling the screensaver.

The screensaver maker can then do what they want when they collect the emails. In another life in the marketing department for a shareware software company, most of our income came from emails promoting trial downloaders to go through with a purchase.

The screensaver maker can add email address form on the Web site, but it is very important not to impedce the potential downloader from downloading.

Thanks for your consideration,
Eric... :)
Cosmic Fantasia - http://cosmicfantasia.com

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere - Vincent Van Gogh
cosmicfantasia

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:12 am

Personally I hate when setups ask the e-mails. But from the marketing and product functionality point of view you have a very good suggestion and we will think about this.

Thank you very much!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Any progress or further thoughts on this one?

Postby cosmicfantasia » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:26 am

I agree they can be a it annoying. Perhaps there could be the option for the author to set whether or not it was compolsary to collect an email before install.

From a marketing perspective this feature is very important.

Eric... :)
Cosmic Fantasia - http://cosmicfantasia.com

If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere - Vincent Van Gogh
cosmicfantasia

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests